I have been wondering (I could even say struggling) with what activities Sage will find interesting because she is a busy little thing who get board really fast… So I decided to use her energy as an advantage and have her run all over the house and yard finding letters.
Really happy with how much fun she (and my 7 year old) had!
You will need:
- Alphabet cards, upper and lower case.
- A house and backyard to run around
- A camera to take a photo of each letter
- Some children
** I would suggest that you break the game up into parts maybe 1/2 of the alphabet and then the other 1/2 at a later time. My two were getting pretty tired by the end (even though we stopped for Y – Yoghurt, M – Milk and a J – Jump
How to play
- Sort the upper case cards into a basket or bucket
- Lay lower case cards on a table.
- First person pulls an upper case card out and says the name of the letter and the sound it makes.
Yes her shirt is P.J’s covered in cat and guinea pig fur — you will have to forgive us, we homeschool
- Then they (or another child playing) finds the matching lower case card on the table
- Each child takes one letter and finds an object (or action, or whatever they think of) and places the card on it.
- Then take a photo! Simple
- Go back to the basket and start the process again
HERE is the post to view all of the cards/photos from the hunt :)